[Coral-List] conflict of interest

Richard Dunne RichardPDunne at aol.com
Tue May 17 09:18:23 EDT 2016

It is necessary for Greenpeace to sling mud in this way?

On the other side of the coin should we be suspicious of any scientist
who has ever received funding from Greenpeace? Perhaps we should regard
any Pew Fellow as tainted (for example see equally unfair accusations at
https://nofrakkingconsensus.com/2011/08/04/pew-whats-that-smell/).
Should those scientists spend the rest of their careers 'declaring an
interest'?

I am also sure that many scientists have formed partisan opinions over
the years, regardless of funding sources. Does that make them unreliable?

As Magnus implies it is the quality of the science that matters at the
end of the day. Let us focus on that.

Richard Dunne