[Coral-List] PAPER - Citizen science & scuba diving

martina m.milanese at studioassociatogaia.com
Fri May 20 07:35:53 EDT 2016

Dear all,

I am pleased to announce the release of our latest paper entitled:
Diving for science - science for diving: volunteer scuba divers support
science and conservation in the Mediterranean Sea (Cerrano, Milanese,
Ponti. Aquatic Conservation: Marine and Freshwater Ecosystems).
http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/aqc.2663/abstract

The paper presents outcomes and some management-relevant applications of
the citizen science initiative Reef Check Italia onlus, and a profile of
the volunteers themselves including diving experience and motivations
for volunteering.

Although the paper clearly does not relate to coral reefs, it can add to
the discussion about diving in general. This may be especially true as
most of the diving literature focuses on coral reef areas alone but - as
recently pointed out also in our e-mail exchanges - the diving community
is inherently diverse and we may want to keep an eye on what's going on
in a variety of geographical and cultural contexts.

Please do not hesitate to contact me or any of the other authors for a copy!

With my best regards

Martina

--
Dr Martina Milanese, PhD

skype: m.milanese
it.linkedin.com/pub/martina-milanese/36/634/469/
twitter: @martix_m

Italian Mob. (WA) +39-338-1196672
Moroccan Mob. +212-636808514

Studio Associato Gaia Snc dei Dottori Antonio Sarà e Martina Milanese
Via Brigata Liguria 1/9 scala A
16121 Genova - Italy
PI 01600400996