[Coral-List] Research Cruise Surveying Cold Water Coral Reefs in NE Atlantic

Nicola Foster nicolalouise.foster at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:41:10 EDT 2016

Dear Coral-Listers,

I realise that the majority of posts on coral-list are related to tropical
reef ecosystems, so I hope you don't mind me using the list to promote deep
water corals.

We currently have research cruise under way in the North East Atlantic
surveying deep sea ecosystems, including corals. The project consists of
partners from a number of institutions in the UK and we are using an ROV to
collect samples and video data from a number of seamounts and banks in the
region.

We are getting some really great footage of corals (among other things),
which is being shared via our website at www.deeplinksproject.wordpress.com,
and via Twitter (@_deeplinks) and Facebook www.facebook.com/deeplinksproject

The research cruise will run until the 23rd June, so if you are interested,
please follow us at the above links.

Best wishes,
Nicola

--

Dr. Nicola L. Foster

Post-Doctoral Research Fellow

Marine Biology and Ecology Research Centre

620 Davy Building

Plymouth University

Drake Circus

Plymouth