[Coral-List] What now?

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 10 12:38:04 EST 2016

Sometimes I have a bit of envy for tree-huggers. They can hug the trees they want to protect.

I can't hug a coral because contact will kill it.

In view of the upcoming Trump administration, I'll suggest we all (metaphorically) hug our corals and the diversity of precious creatures living in coral reefs, because this might be our last chance to see them alive.

We have to plan a new strategy to ensure the conservation and restoration of coral reefs, under the new US political regime.

Let's brainstorm.

Otherwise, if we do nothing, the next ICRS 2020 will be a Paleontology conference about dead coral fossils.

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.

Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Blog: http://grouperluna.wordpress.com
http://independent.academia.edu/SarahFriasTorres