[Coral-List] list politics free

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Sun Nov 13 17:26:55 EST 2016

While I agree to my core with the sentiments expressed in the referenced
letter, I think that, as objective scientists, we need to err on the side
of caution in a situation like this. Listserve moderators are humans too
and, therefore, subject to subjectivity and missing an image buried in a
post. This seems different different than musing over, for example, the
impact on NSF funding related to having a climate-denial-heavy White House
for the next four years (I think that is a non-political statement).

We have plenty of things to over-analyze and discus to death. So, I just
suggest that we forget this thread.... and frame any future discussion in
ways that a) do not refer specifically to party leanings and b) are
legitimate musings about the impacts of administrative decisions AFTER they
occur.

Best,

Dennis