[Coral-List] Caribbean coral fragments for lab work?

Bennett Paradis bennettparadis at fuse.net
Tue Nov 29 19:56:51 EST 2016

Hi everyone,

I’m brainstorming some research ideas concerning coral physiological responses to different types of stressors. Most of what I am thinking would be taking place in a laboratory setting. Does anyone have any experience with obtaining Caribbean fragments? I know there is a ban on collecting in the US, but are there any aquacultured sources to purchase Caribbean species? Or do most lab settings focus on Indo Pacific species? Just trying to figure out feasibility and a sustainable way to work with coral.

Thank you in advance!

Bennett Paradis

Graduate Student
Department of Biological Sciences