[Coral-List] Lionfish robot

MelissaE Keyes melissae.keyes at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 7 15:59:41 EDT 2016

 Hello, Listers,
The robot could be nice, but I doubt anything viable could come of it.
Several things inaccurate in the article.  "There may be well over a million lionfish [in American waters]."  I laugh.  I doubt that number.  Maybe dozens of millions?  Or even hundreds of millions?  And they have been caught as far south as southern Brazil, further south than Rio.  I did read that fairly recently, but cannot give the reference.  Not a surprise, though.
Doesn't it happen that when a species becomes over populated, a disease shows up to control that population?
Just commenting on a terrible problem that is out of sight to most Americans, and most people.
Cheers,
Melissa~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Melissa E. Keyes  St. Croix, U.S.Virgin Islands