[Coral-List] $10K sustainability pitch prize opportunity for undergraduate/graduate students due 9/30

Brett Howell bwhowell1 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 16:03:57 EDT 2016

Dear Coral List -

I’m helping a group called Ocean Exchange identify students for a *$10K
pitch award for sustainability innovations*.  The *September 30th deadline*
is quickly approaching and finalists would pitch in Savannah, GA (expenses
paid) on November 11th.  More information is below and details can be found
at
https://www.oceanexchange.org/register-solutions/big-pitch-competition-registration/.

*I’d really appreciate help from Coral List members in distributing this
information out to any current students you know (undergraduate and
graduate), recent graduates (anyone that is/was an active student between
February 1st and September 30th is eligible), and people in your
professional network that could help identify students! *

Ocean Exchange’s mission is to advance the adoption of solutions in the
field of sustainability.  *Ocean Exchange offers a collegiate BIG Pitch
Award for graduate and undergraduate students with innovative solutions.**
The award is $10,000 cash.*  Ocean Exchange hopes to see a student solution
that supports sustainability, improving economies, health, and the
environment.  Ocean Exchange accepts both for-profit and social enterprise
student solutions.  Additionally, Ocean Exchange is agnostic about the form
of solution: devices, materials, systems or processes.

Ocean Exchange will invite 8 BIG Pitch Award finalists to present in
Savannah, GA (expenses paid for one presenter per finalist) on November
11th to a delegate group from business, NGOs, academia, and government.  Last
year a student from Stanford University won with a solution for carbon
dioxide capture/reuse.  This Ph.D. student was named to 2016 Forbes "30
Under 30 in Energy" and is now an Echoing Green Fellow.

In addition, Ocean Exchange offers two $100,000 industrial startup
awards.  Ocean
Exchange is funded by Gulfstream, Bunge, Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics,
Georgia Southern University, Oceaneering, and Georgia Ports Authority,
among others.

Please let me know if I can answer any questions about Ocean Exchange and
thanks in advance for your help distributing this information to your
networks!

Warm regards,

Brett Howell
bwhowell1 at gmail.com