[Coral-List] snorkelers and divers

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 20 07:28:29 EDT 2016

Dear Gene,
Most scuba divers receive little snorkeling training these days and although some enlightened instructors
might mention Oxybenzone, lionfish and trash, major coral reef threats such as land-based pollutants, over-fishing and climate change are rarely introduced. Talk about addressing climate change at a gathering of diving professionals here in the US will get you nothing but a heated debate. Unfortunately, industry leaders seem unmoved by the current level of scientific consonance and therefore do nothing to change the paradigm.
Regards,
Steve

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone