[Coral-List] SPAM R2: Re: snorkelers and divers

Julian julian at reefcheck.org.my
Thu Sep 22 07:36:39 EDT 2016

Anyone who wants to can do this. When I run my centre we used to put aside RM 10 (approx US$2.5) from every customer into a fund for things like paying for petrol for fishing net clearing that we did, stuff like that (filling the boat with petrol was an expensive business!!). We asked everyone to sign a book acknowledging their contribution - and most people matched it with at least another RM 10 of their own. It was a way to put a bit of money aside to pay for the little bits of conservation we did off our own initiative, without having to pay for it all at once from daily cash flow. Went down well with pretty much everyone, as evidenced by the number of people who matched what we were putting into the fund.

Julian Hyde