[Coral-List] Students awards at the upcoming Phycological Society of America meeting

Heather Spalding hspaldin at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 17 21:11:51 EDT 2017

Attention young phycologists!

The Annual PSA meeting in Monterey, California (June 4 - 8, 2017) is fast
approaching, and we’d like to remind everyone of the two student award
competitions that will take place at the meeting.

*Bold Award*
This award is given to a PSA graduate student with the best ORAL
presentation, given in the Bold Symposium, at the annual meeting. The prize
is a certificate and a monetary award! (http://www.psaalgae.org/bold-award/)

*Lewin Award*
This award is given to a PSA graduate student with the best POSTER
presentation at the annual meeting. The prize is a certificate and a
monetary award! (http://www.psaalgae.org/lewin-poster-award/)

If you are interested in competing for either of these awards, it isn’t too
late.
(1) Send me an email (pmartone at mail.ubc.ca), stating your interest and the
title of your presentation
(2) Ask your research supervisor to send me a reference email of support

The schedule is rapidly filling up, so please email me ASAP and* no later
than April 21.*

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Monterey!
Cheers-

Patrick Martone
Chair, PSA Bold and Lewin Award committee

Patrick T. Martone, PhD
Associate Professor
Department of Botany and Biodiversity Research Centre
University of British Columbia

tel:  (604) 822-9338
www.botany.ubc.ca/martone