[Coral-List] Aquaculture Researcher II Position Available at the College of the Marshall Islands
snhackerott at gmail.com
Tue Apr 18 21:35:18 EDT 2017
An exciting opportunity is available for an aquaculture researcher in the
*Job Title: *Aquaculture Researcher II
*Location: *Majuro, Marshall Islands
Under the direction of the Cooperative Research and Extension (CRE)
Associate Director/Dean, at the College of the Marshall Islands (CMI), the
Aquaculture Researcher supports the operations of the CRE Program at CMI
Arrak Campus, Majuro, Marshall Islands. The incumbent plans, organizes and
conducts Aquaculture Research, workshops, meetings and outreach / extension
related demonstrations in the villages and schools throughout
islands/atolls in the Marshall Islands. Additional duties may include
working with undergraduate student interns, mentoring undergraduate
researchers, teaching up to one course per semester at the CMI Uliga campus
and supporting future Marine Science Certificate Programs at CMI.
*Required Qualifications: *
• MS in Aquaculture, Marine Science or other related fields with research
experience in sea cucumber, pearl oyster, lobster, giant clams etc.
• Four (4) years full-time work experience in Aquaculture/Marine Science
• Can demonstrate successful grant-writing experiences that result in grant
• Computer literate and familiar with publications software.
• Must be able to remonstrate excellent written and oral communication
skills in English.
• Able to organize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced,
• Experience living and working in remote locations and within small
• Experience working in tropical locations.
• Able to swim, snorkel and scuba dive.
*Salary Range:* Mid Salary = $30,164; Mid Salary = $40,2018
*Closing Date:* April 30th, 2017
*For more information or to apply*:
College of the Marshall Islands
Marine Science Instructor
More information about the Coral-List