[Coral-List] The SCUBA diving community supports Goliath Grouper protection

Matt Nolan mpnolan at lbl.gov
Fri Aug 11 11:08:49 EDT 2017

Is there a way to tag them en mass?

How about a federal law that says there is no "take" for creatures
individually identified as being involved in a scientific study.

Personally I feel there should be some legal doctrine if they have
been caught once they belong to
the first catcher if the first catcher registers them in some fashion.
People who want creatures to live should have the
 same flesh ownership rights available to them as people who want to kill them.

Agencies could collect "live" fees instead of kill permit fees.
They get those fees plus be able to collect huge fines from people who
poached the tagged creatures.