[Coral-List] reef restoration global participation list

Walt Smith walt at waltsmith.com
Fri Aug 18 05:22:39 EDT 2017

Hi Everyone,

There has been a lot of response to my request to find out how many
organizations are involved in Coral farming and/or reef restoration projects
on a global scale.

I got numerous responses and for that I thank you all.

However, it became apparent that there is no conclusive list being recorded
at this time. The responses varied from several that some of you knew about
to one suggesting 100 - 200 actively involved. To be honest, this is what I
expected even though I was hoping for something a little more.

Many of you that responded requested that I share the information with you
if I was able to acquire it.

Perhaps it is time to consider some sort of central directory where
organizations (who were involved in this activity) could simply list their
name, country and website. After that any reports or data sharing
information (nonproprietary of course) could be reported under your listing.
>From that directory we could contact each other.

I have watched this activity grow from a small epicenter to a global effort
in the last 19 years. The ability to share information regarding success,
failure, innovation, location, local participation etc based on a single
source that we could all refer to has the obvious potential to unify our
efforts and possibly enable us to outpace that which is bearing down on us
all.

Thank you,

Walt Smith, Fiji

www.adeproject.org <http://www.adeproject.org>