[Coral-List] 5 new coral transcriptome reference assemblies

Carly Danielle Kenkel ckenkel at usc.edu
Tue Aug 29 14:35:57 EDT 2017

Hello Coral-Listers,

New reference transcriptomes for five coral species (Galaxea astreata, Galaxea acrhelia, Goniopora columna, Porites lobata and Montipora aequituberculata), including fasta files and associated annotation files, are freely available to download from my lab website: http://dornsife.usc.edu/labs/carlslab/data/

The raw read data is also available on NCBI’s SRA and accession numbers can be found in the README file for each species, in addition to a brief methods description.

A recent Data Note in GigaScience - https://academic.oup.com/gigascience/article/doi/10.1093/gigascience/gix074/4091589/Novel-transcriptome-resources-for-three describes the methods and assembly stats in detail for three of the five species (though general methods were identical for all assemblies). Feel free to email me directly if you have further questions.

Enjoy!

Carly
Dr. Carly D. Kenkel
Department of Biological Sciences