[Coral-List] NEW Research Fellowship Opportunities, Applications Close 19 Jan 2018

Catherine Naum c_naum at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 19 00:35:18 EST 2017

Dear Coral-Listers:
On behalf of the Australian Research Council's Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies (the 'Centre'), I am delighted to announce two Research Fellowship opportunities are now available. The 3-year, full-time positions will be based at James Cook University located in Townsville, Australia.
We are seeking applications from candidates with postdoctoral research experience, a strong track record of publication and with broad areas of expertise which would contribute to the following research themes of the Centre:

"People and Ecosystems" The key objective of this program is to improve the governance and management of natural systems and to enhance our capacity to sustain both human and natural capital. We are seeking to build an extensive international team that transcends the disciplinary constraints of the biological, oceanographic, geochemical, anthropological, economic and policy sciences. We would be interested in applicants with experience in evaluation of the ecological and social impacts of conservation interventions
Program Leaders: Professor Bob Pressey, Professor Terry Hughes, A/Professor Tiffany Morrison
"Responding to a Changing World" This program will focus on advancing fundamental understanding of the key processes underpinning coral reef function and resilience. Topics of interest include coral calcification and the integrity of coral reef frameworks, physiological plasticity, and the capacity of coral reef organisms, including corals and their associated microbes, to adapt to changing conditions.Program Leaders: A/Professor Mia Hoogenboom, Professor Ryan Lowe, A/Professor Maja Adamska

Further details are provided here: https://www.coralcoe.org.au/about/careers-employment
To discuss these positions, please contact:
Research Fellow (People and Ecosystems): Professor Bob Pressey,  Bob.Pressey at jcu.edu.auResearch Fellow (Changing World): A/Professor Mia Hoogenboom,  Mia.Hoogenboom1 at jcu.edu.au
Happy holidays to all!
Kind Regards,Catherine
Catherine Naum, MScCommunications Manager
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies
Bldg 32, Room 107James Cook University, Townsville QLD Australia 4811(Office hours: Tues – Fri)
P: +61 (0) 7 4781 6067 (AEST, +10 UTC)M: +61 (0) 428 785 895W: http://www.coralcoe.org.au/
Please follow us on Twitter: @CoralCoE

|    |
CoralCoE (@CoralCoE) | Twitter
 The latest Tweets from CoralCoE (@CoralCoE). The ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies undertakes worl...  |   |

Please "Like" us on Facebook: @ARCCoralCoE

|    |
ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies - Coral CoE
 ARC Centre of Excellence for Coral Reef Studies - Coral CoE. 1.7k likes. Official account of the ARC Centre of E...  |   |