[Coral-List] Cyber Tools Workshop at ASLO

omeier at hawaii.edu omeier at hawaii.edu
Fri Feb 17 06:25:36 EST 2017

Dear Friends,

If you'll be at ASLO and haven't reserved a spot in our workshop, we'd love to see you.

When: Sunday, Feb. 26, 2017, 9:00 am - 4:00 pm HST
Where: Hawaii Convention Center, Honolulu, HI, room 323 B
Email omeier at hawaii.edu to reserve your space and lunch.

Supported by NSF EarthCube CRESCYNT Coral Reef Science and Cyberinfrastructure Network.

WORKSHOP TOPICS:
* EarthCube: A Community-Driven Cyberinfrastructure for the Geosciences
* ECO-GEO Virtual Machine - an environmental genomics workbench
* Multidisciplinary Challenges in Ocean Science Research
* Geoscience Papers of the Future (digital tools training)
* Cyber Tools for Research - a Tour
* Workflow Assembly (exercise for assembling data and tools on the workbench)
* EarthCube Integration and Test Environment

Workshop Guides: Mohan Ramamurthy, Elisha Wood-Charlson, Jay Pearlman, Daniel Garijo, Ouida Meier, Emily Law.

If you're headed to ASLO (Association for Sciences in Limnology and Oceanography) in Honolulu, join us for this pre-meeting workshop. Additional details at http://crescyntblog.wordpress.com .

Please feel free to pass this invitation on to interested colleagues. Thanks for the kindness of an email reservation - hope to see you there.

Cheers,
Ouida

Ouida W. Meier, Ph.D.
Program Manager, EarthCube CRESCYNT Coral Reef Science & Cyberinfrastructure Network (PI: Ruth D. Gates, Ph.D.)
Hawaii Institute for Marine Biology, University of Hawaii

http://crescynt.org
omeier at hawaii.edu