[Coral-List] Sediment spill monitoring instrument

Ulf Erlingsson ceo at lindorm.com
Thu Jan 12 00:26:39 EST 2017

Dear coral listers,

I'm designing a next generation instrument for monitoring sediment spill on sensitive bottoms, and would like feedback on desirable features. The ideas include:
A turbidimeter to comply with regulations
Visible light sensor to see how much light reaches the bottom
SediMeter to measure the sediment accumulation on the bottom
Camera to get photos at regular interval of what the bottom looks like
An accelerometer to make sure the instrument remains upright and hasn't fallen over
Device(s) to keep the sensors clean

Would this be a useful instrument as a complete measurement station? Is there something missing? Is something redundant?

I appreciate any feedback and I don't mind if you send it in private.

Ulf Erlingsson
Lindorm, Inc.
http://lindorm.com