[Coral-List] Marine and Atmospheric Science Graduate School at University of Miami

MPS RSMAS mps.rsmas at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 11:27:56 EST 2017

Good morning,

Hope you are having a great end to your semester. My name is Josh Coco and
I am the Associate Director for the Master of Professional Science at the
University of Miami. I am reaching out to see if you were interested in
chatting a little bit about the program and to answer any questions you may
have. I’m more than happy to Skype, chat via phone, or give you a tour of
the campus if you are in the Miami area.

The Master of Professional Science (MPS) is an accelerated, graduate degree
is intended for students who want to generate innovative solutions to
marine, coastal, and climate related issues. Students enrolled in this
program are exposed to a unique, multidisciplinary curriculum, including
science theory, field and laboratory training, legal and regulatory
knowledge, communication and media training, and the development of project
management skills, designed to prepare them to address environmental
challenges as future global leaders.

We have 14 tracks to choose from. The best part of our program is that we
help you customize it toward your interests and career goals.

Degree Programs <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/>

o    Applied Remote Sensing
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/applied-remote-sensing>

o    Aquaculture <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/aquaculture>

o    Broadcast Meteorology
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/broadcast-meteorology>

o    Coastal Zone Management
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/coastal-management>

o    Exploration Science
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/exploration-science>

o    Fisheries Management and Conservation
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/fisheries-conservation-management>

o    JD/MPS Program <http://www.law.miami.edu/academics/jd-mps.php?op=0>

o    Marine Conservation
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/marine-conservation>

o    Marine Mammal Science
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/marine-mammal-science>

o    Natural Hazard and Catastrophe Analytics
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/natural-hazards-catastrophe>

o    Tropical Marine Ecosystem Management
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/tropical-marine-ecosystem>

o    Underwater Archaeology
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/underwater-archaeology>

o    Weather, Climate and Society
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/weather-climate-society>

o    Weather Forecasting
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-program/weather-forecasting>

The due dates for the Master of Science and PhD Programs was January 1st
for priority, but they are still accepting applications. The Master of
Professional Science is taking applications through June 1st with a rolling
admission (students usually know a decision within 2 weeks of submitting
all application materials). I’m looking forward to speaking with you and
hope you have an amazing weekend and Spring semester!!!

Sincerely,

Josh Coco, Ed. D.

Associate Director, Master of Professional Science (MPS)

Tel: (305) 421.4304

Fax: (305) 421.4711

Direct: jcoco at rsmas.miami.edu <%20jcoco at rsmas.miami.edu>

University of Miami

RSMAS Campus - MPS Office, Room: S/A 132

4600 Rickenbacker Causeway
<https://exchange.rsmas.miami.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>

Miami, FL 33149-1031
<https://exchange.rsmas.miami.edu/owa/UrlBlockedError.aspx>