[Coral-List] What's really killing the corals.

Peter Sale sale at uwindsor.ca
Mon Jul 3 12:02:46 EDT 2017

Hi Magnus,
I think I said it clearly some years ago:  Save a reef; use a condom.
There are more elegant ways of saying so, but until humanity grapples effectively with our over-sized footprint on this planet, coral reefs and most other ecosystems are in for a very rough ride.  Eventually, we will be shuffled off and the planet will soldier on, but I'd like to believe humanity is capable of the wisdom needed to do a much better job of managing our negative environmental impacts than we have been doing of late.  It takes a strong ethical belief that other life has rights, considerable humility, plus some technical expertise - these are all attributes we can develop, if we want to.

Peter Sale
University of Windsor
sale at uwindsor.ca<mailto:sale at uwindsor.ca>
petersalebooks.com