[Coral-List] Suggestions Re: A Truth Too Big to Ignore

Sarah Frias-Torres sfrias_torres at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 5 17:48:10 EDT 2017

Dennis & Coral-List,

A key suggestion is to visit Florida and go diving with the Goliath Groupers. The few spawning aggregation sites forming again are an extraordinary opportunity to connect with such charismatic gentle giants and an opportunity to travel back to a time when marine life was abundant in number and size.

Anybody interested in contributing to the dialogue about Goliath Groupers can provide comments to FWC.

My suggestion is that, based on scientific evidence, the ban on harvest must continue and the "limited take" should be rejected.

I'll be posting updates through my Twitter account and Grouper Luna blog (addresses at my signature) including ways to provide input. Also, scrolling down through my blog entries gives you background information on the species and related activities.

To contact FWC, choose one or several of the following:

1) send online comments at http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/rulemaking/comments/

Scroll down to Goliath Grouper

2) send your comments by email directly to FWC Commissioners

commissioners at myfwc.com

3) Attend, if possible, one of the public workshops and provide input

http://myfwc.com/fishing/saltwater/rulemaking/workshops/

Sarah Frias-Torres, Ph.D.
Twitter: @GrouperDoc
Blog: http://grouperluna.wordpress.com