[Coral-List] new graduate opportunities in marine science and civic engagement at Stanford

Steve Palumbi spalumbi at stanford.edu
Sat Jul 8 22:11:02 EDT 2017

Dear friends,

I’m writing about a new Stanford program that seeks talented students who have a great sense of civic purpose. It’s called the Knight-Hennessy Scholars program, and it seeks to identify high-achieving students from around the world who have demonstrated leadership and civic commitment, and to offer them a graduate education at Stanford.

The Knight-Hennessy Scholars program has the ambitious goal of developing a new generation of global leaders. I’m hoping that we will be hosting a number of scholars as PhD students in marine ecological sciences as part of this group of Fellows. I wanted to make sure that you are aware of the deadlines, so that if you have any exceptionally talented students who combine demonstrated leadership and civic commitment with interest and strength in the marine sciences, you could let them know.

The submission deadline for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars application is September 27, 2017, with an accelerated November 15, 2017, deadline for Stanford graduate degree programs in the Bio sciences program.

The Knight-Hennessy Scholars application is available on their website here: http://stanford.io/2rfNuBt <http://stanford.io/2rfNuBt>

This is a new program, and it’s intersection with ecological science is still being forged. Yet, it is a great opportunity for students who seek a platform to combine new science and impact on our emerging world.

Steve

Stephen Palumbi
Harold A. Miller Professor of Marine Science
Director, Hopkins Marine Station
microdocumentaries at http://microdocs.org