[Coral-List] Coral Reef Insurance

Angie abrathwaite at blue-finance.org
Wed Jul 26 05:25:52 EDT 2017

Hi Steve,

I do think you are being a bit too cynical (you did ask)

Having an Insurance Company cover a coral reef, even if only against storms and hurricanes … is a huge win I think. To get hotels to contribute to saving corals is also fantastic to my mind. They seem to be looking at only short term fixes, but we now have a “foot in the door” to broader conservation action.

I agree with Sean about it being a win-win situation..

Angelique