[Coral-List] Launch of spongebase.net - Portal for Genome and Transcriptome Resources of Sponges

Gert Woerheide woerheide at lmu.de
Thu Jul 27 05:32:56 EDT 2017

Dear colleagues,

we would like to announce the launch of <www.spongebase.net>, which aims
at providing a "one stop shop" central portal to genome and
transcriptome resources of sponges.

Spongebase.net at present is not a platform for in-depth genome
analyses, but will only provide links to resources hosted at various
labs / databases, where tools for genome analyses are frequently
provided. However, some of analysis tools may be added to Spongebase.net
at a later stage.

Spongebase.net has been populated with some initial data but critically
depends on your input! We would love to provide a link to your
genome/transcriptome data if available publically, already published or not.

If you would like to have your resources listed please get in touch
through the contact address listed on the site and provide the following
information (see Spongebase.net for examples of information listed for
each species):

SPECIES NAME

Links to RESOURCES

(e.g. genome data, raw sequences at SRA, etc.)

KEY GENOME PUBLICATION(S)

(please provide DOI or link to any publication, if available, including
preprints)

COMMENTS

(any additional comments you would like to list)

I hope you will find Spongebase.net useful!

with best regards

Gert

-----
Prof. Dr. Gert Wörheide
Department of Earth and Environmental Sciences,
Division of Paleontology & Geobiology
& GeoBio-CenterLMU
Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, and
Director, Bavarian State Collections of Palaeontology and Geology
Richard-Wagner-Straße 10
80333 München
Germany

Phone: +49 (89) 2180-6718
Fax: +49 (89) 2180-6601
E-Mail: woerheide at lmu.de
www.palmuc.de | www.geobiology.eu
Labnews: www.facebook.com/molpalaeo
Tweets: twitter.com/gwoerhe

New ITN IGNITE to start in 2018: www.itn-ignite.eu

Publications:
www.publications.woerheide.eu
orcid.org/0000-0002-6380-7421

GPG-Fingerprint:
9644 7211 5BE6 9EF5 3C5C  80B9 8B8D 2D6D 8DCC 8499