[Coral-List] Goniopora Stokesi: have you grown them?

Damien Beri beridl at g.cofc.edu
Mon Jun 12 20:36:30 EDT 2017

Hello Coral-Listers,

Thank you for your time.  I am curious to hear from anyone who has worked with Goniopora stokesi and has grown them in aquaria settings.

Historically this coral has had roughly a 10% survival rate in captivity.  It has however, been showing some promising results from certain Aquaculture sources though.  I have unsuccessfully located substantial science as to what leads to successful husbandry of this coral.  I hypothesize that since most Goniopora stokesi die, and do so in a similar fashion there must be a common ailment across most specimens.  Their are many rumors of causation, but it would be beneficial to hear first hand from people who have worked with them and can provide some solid data.

Thanks,

Damien Beri