[Coral-List] OPPORTUNITY! Earthzine call for papers for quarterly theme on coral reef ecosystems

Jennifer Koss - NOAA Federal jennifer.koss at noaa.gov
Fri Mar 3 13:35:12 EST 2017

Greetings All!

A bit of exciting news from the Coral Program's communication team. I have
been asked to serve as the guest editor for IEEE Earthzine’s
<https://earthzine.org/> four-month theme on coral reefs from April 1-June
30, 2017. The call for papers is now online at
https://earthzine.org/2017/02/22/call-for-papers-coral-reefs-2/. Please go
there for more information.

This is a wonderful opportunity to highlight our NOAA and partner efforts
to address issues impacting corals on a national/international scale, as
well as a chance to focus on the many exciting projects we have underway
with partners and community groups to address local threats.

We seek contributions from relevant disciplines and all regions of the
globe. These can address current and emerging research and development
issues, approaches, techniques or applications; community, state, and/or
international initiatives; and other topics related to regional and global
science, impacts, adaptation and policy.

Authors may consider submitting:
Original research (to be peer-reviewed)

   -

   Feature articles about programs, events, and activities designed to
   raise awareness or actions related to coral reefs
   -

   News briefs on any topic related to the theme
   -

   Interviews with leaders who are working on sustainability matters
   -

   Photographic essays on environmental change
   -

   Book, exhibition, and art reviews focusing on theme
   -

   First-person narratives on coral reefs.

IEEE Earthzine is an online publication sponsored by NASA and the Oceanic
Engineering Society that centers around subjects on Earth science and Earth
observation. Submissions for the Coral Reefs Theme will be accepted until
June 10, 2017. Submit articles to Kelley Christensen, science editor, at
kjhchristensen at earthzine.org.

As the guest editor, I look forward to reviewing your submissions. Please
forward this announcements to friends and colleagues who may be interested.

Sincerely,

Jennifer Koss

--

*"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it
is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."*

*~ John F. Kennedy*

*Jennifer L. Koss*

*Director, NOAA Coral Reef Conservation Program*

*NOS/OCM/Corals - 10400*

*1305 East-West Highway*

*Silver Spring, MD 20910*

*240.338.2161 (cell)*