[Coral-List] new preprint on coral adaptation

Mikhail Matz matz at utexas.edu
Tue Mar 7 01:31:10 EST 2017

Dear colleagues - we have a new preprint, on population genomics and modeling of multilocus adaptation to warming in a Great Barrier Reef coral:  http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/03/06/114173.1 <http://biorxiv.org/content/early/2017/03/06/114173.1>

We have some hopeful news: genetic variation contained within the coral metapopulation might be sufficient to fuel continuous adaptation to warming for quite some time. However, we predict that the severity of local mortality events due to occasional thermal extremes will increase, despite ongoing adaptation of the metapopulation overall.

Comments and suggestions are most welcome!

cheers

Mikhail Matz