[Coral-List] Insults to scientists

Lucie PENIN luciepenin at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 11 09:30:02 EST 2017

Dear all,
Over the last few years, marine scientists at Reunion Island were often
called "murderers" in the press, because we are considered responsible
for the shark attacks. But last month, Jean-Paul Virapoulle, mayor of
the city of Saint Andre, called us "pseudo-scientists in holidays". This
is at least more innovative than "Australian" or "Nazi"...
Cheers,
Lucie

Dr Lucie PENIN
Maître de Conférences
Associate Professor

UMR ENTROPIE
Ecologie mariNe TROpicale des océans Pacifique et IndiEn
Université de la Réunion
La Réunion, France