[Coral-List] Coral ID via webinar...

russell @ BYOGUIDES russell at byoguides.com
Mon Mar 20 00:37:53 EDT 2017

Mavens

As part of the many expressions of interest I received to my recent posts re: a coral ID workshop in Townsville, Australia, there were several requests for webinar style training.

This has the advantage of being virtual, cost effective, with low carbon miles, but also has the obvious disadvantage of being “hands free”.

There are ways around this by providing high quality web based resources for access prior to the discrete scheduled webinar sessions. Shorter webinar sessions can also be run at more regular intervals than the major logistical palaver of setting up a workshop in “meatspace".

So I’d like to run a straw poll for expressions of interest for webinar style training.

Just email me off-list and feel free to include any thoughts.

Best

Russell

Russell Kelley
russell at byoguides.com

Manager: BYOGUIDES (Be Your Own Guide)
Author: Reef Finder <http://www.byoguides.com/reeffinder/> - the world’s first searchable underwater ID smart guide to reef life
Author: Indo Pacific Coral Finder <http://www.byoguides.com/coralfinder/> - the world’s first searchable underwater ID smart guide to corals
Subscribe to Dr Flotjet’s Ocean Literacy Newsletter <http://www.byoguides.com/subscribe/>

www.byoguides.com <http://www.byoguides.com/>
www.coralhub.info <http://www.coralhub.info/>
www.russellkelley.info <http://www.russellkelley.info/>

Int. + 61 (0) 7  47804380 ph.
Int. + 61 (0) 419 716730 mob.
P.O. Box 1859, Townsville, 4810, AUSTRALIA
ABN 66208215206
GMT + 10 hours
Email: russell at byoguides.com
Skype: wireruss

Writer, project manager, television producer, science communication consultant.

Program Director
Coral Identification Capacity Building Program

Adjunct Senior Lecturer
College of Science and Engineering
James Cook University