[Coral-List] "What happened to my *$%^# post?"

James Hendee jim.hendee at noaa.gov
Wed Mar 22 10:24:41 EDT 2017

For some reason, we've been getting a lot of these lately.

Some of you may have configured your subscription so that you do not
receive copies of what you posted.  To configure your subscription how
you want it, log on to the bottom of this page,

....where it says, "To unsubscribe, etc." put in your email address and
you can then edit your options.

And/or, go to the archives, here,

    http://coral.aoml.noaa.gov/pipermail/coral-list/

and check to see there if your post made it to the list.

Finally, if you still can't figure it out, it may be that you posted
your message from an address different from that from which you are
subscribed.  This happens rather often.  You might be having your email
forwarded from a different address, or perhaps you originally signed on
as, say, jake at email.greatuniversity.edu but you're trying to send your
email from jake at greatuniversity.edu.

Finally, for the impatient, be advised that posts do not go out as you
send them.  They stack up in a queue which we read/scan and decide
whether to let them go to the list or not.  None of us usually checks
the queue on the weekend (in the USA).

I really, really hope this helps.

    Cheers,
        the Coral-List Admin Team