[Coral-List] NSF-FUNDED MS GRADUATE POSITION AVAILABLE (VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY)
lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu
Wed Mar 22 17:03:34 EDT 2017
M.S. GRADUATE ASSISTANTSHIP (VILLANOVA UNIVERSITY)
A graduate student assistantship is available in the laboratory of Dr. Lisa Rodrigues at Villanova University to pursue an MS in Environmental Science as part of a funded NSF project to assess trophic pathways involved in coral reproduction after bleaching stress.
The successful candidate must:
* Fulfill all admission requirements for the MS in Environmental Science program and Graduate College of Liberal Arts and Sciences at Villanova University.
* Have a BS in environmental science, biology, chemistry, earth sciences, or related discipline.
* Have previous experience with field experiments, laboratory analyses related to coral physiology and/or isotope biogeochemistry are highly desirable.
* Be proficient and comfortable in the ocean with small boats, swimming, and snorkeling is required; SCUBA certification is highly desirable.
* Be willing to travel to field location and work independently and with a research team.
* Email a cover letter, CV, copies of transcripts, GRE scores, and the names and contact information of three references able to speak about your academic experiences to Dr. Lisa Rodrigues (lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu<mailto:lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu>). Please provide all documents in a single file as an email attachment.
* Full program requirements, see: http://www1.villanova.edu/villanova/artsci/graduate/graduate-programs/environmental-science.html
Deadline: April 1, 2017 or until the position is filled.
Lisa J Rodrigues
Associate Professor & Graduate Program Director
Geography & the Environment
800 Lancaster Avenue
Villanova, PA 19085
lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu<mailto:lisa.rodrigues at villanova.edu>
Mendel Hall G67H
More information about the Coral-List