[Coral-List] Thoughts on coral decline and the future

Eugene Shinn eugeneshinn at mail.usf.edu
Thu May 18 12:30:14 EDT 2017

Fenner is correct when he says, "Coincidence doesn't prove causality."
The exception however, seems to be  when coral demise is correlated with
sewage or increasing human population near reefs. As a friend once
advised me. "Your dust hypothesis is not accepted because no one can
figure out how to make money from it." From my experience I might also
add one can't get funded to do the research needed to find proof either
way. Many have tried and failed. And besides who wants to work on a
subject that can't be controlled or fixed. Gene

--

No Rocks, No Water, No Ecosystem (EAS)
E. A. Shinn, Courtesy Professor