[Coral-List] Position Announcement: Program Manager, Maui

Madhavi Colton mcolton at coral.org
Mon Oct 23 15:11:27 EDT 2017

Dear Coral List,

The Coral Reef Alliance is pleased to announce that we have an opening for
a Program Manager to be based in Maui, HI.

Job posting and application instructions can be found here:
http://coral.org/job-opportunities/program-manager-maui/

The Coral Reef Alliance (CORAL) is a U.S.-based nonprofit organization
whose mission is to unite communities to save coral reefs. Working with
people around the world—from fishermen to government leaders, divers to
scientists, Californians to Fijians—CORAL protects our most valuable and
threatened ecosystems.

CORAL has more than a decade of experience working in the Main Hawaiian
Islands on coral reef conservation. Currently, our work focuses on our
Clean Water for Reefs Initiative, with an emphasis on preventing land-based
sources of pollution from entering streams and groundwater which eventually
lead to the ocean.

CORAL is seeking an exceptional and resourceful leader to join our team on
the Island of Maui as Program Manager. The ideal candidate is a highly
organized systems thinker who has the ability to unite a diverse suite of
stakeholders around saving coral reefs. This role will be vital to ensuring
successful execution of conservation strategies within the Clean Water for
Reefs Initiative. The Maui Program Manager will work closely with the
Associate Program Director at CORAL Headquarters in California and will
supervise Maui field staff.

This role has four primary focal areas:

   1. Managing and monitoring programmatic activities
   2. Strategy development and program design
   3. Developing partnerships to execute our strategies
   4. Grant and report writing

This position is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team working on
cutting-edge conservation strategies that will create lasting benefits for
coral reefs in Hawaiʻi and across the globe. The position will be open
until filled, an immediate start date is preferred.

Please pass on this announcement to exceptional individuals who you think
might be interested in this opportunity!

Thank you,
Madhavi

Madhavi Colton, Ph.D.
Program Director