[Coral-List] Cassiopea symbiosis review dedicated to Bob Trench

Monica Medina Munoz momedinamunoz at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 13:14:32 EDT 2018

Dear coral reef biologists,

Our article entitled "Upside-Down but Headed in the Right Direction: Review of the Highly Versatile Cassiopea xamachana System" has been published in Frontiers in Ecology and Evolution.

https://doi.org/10.3389/fevo.2018.00035

The authors of the manuscript dedicate it to Robert Trench, whose visionary work on this organism inspired a new generation of cnidarian symbiosis researchers. We encourage the coral reef scientific community to read about the system Bob originally developed and where we can go with it at a time where multiple approaches to study cnidarian photosymbiosis are needed.

Mónica

Monica Medina
Associate Professor
Department of Biology