[Coral-List] survey on passive acoustic monitoring of marine biodiversity

Lisa Munger lmunger at hawaii.edu
Mon Apr 23 14:32:04 EDT 2018

 Dear coral list community,

I am involved in drafting an invited manuscript for Frontiers in Marine
Science on the use of passive acoustic monitoring (PAM) as a tool for
monitoring marine biodiversity (see Frontiers topic announcement at
https://goo.gl/FMErBs). My co-authors are Dr. Linda Weilgart (Dalhousie
University), Dr. Aran Mooney and Dr. Ashlee Lillis (both at Woods Hole
Oceanographic Institution).

As part of our data collection for the manuscript, we have designed a
survey for researchers and experts in this field (link to survey below).
Our goals are to 1) summarize where we are now in this area of research,
including current technologies and methodologies in use, current
limitations/challenges, etc. and 2) discuss ways forward for PAM to be
integrated into global ocean observing networks.

Survey link:  https://goo.gl/forms/8wkCKO6stUQ83odk1

If you work in PAM of marine biodiversity, we would greatly appreciate your
time and effort in responding to this survey by the end of this month (30
April 2018). Please share with colleagues as appropriate.

Sincerely,
Lisa, Lindy, Aran, and Ashlee

--
Dr. Lisa Munger