[Coral-List] Mediterranean Corallium rubrum needs protection

Arianna Bucci ariannabucci at yahoo.it
Fri Apr 27 08:01:53 EDT 2018

Good afternoon,

Corallium rubrum is an endemic species in the Mediterranean. It's been exploited mostly for jewellery during  centuries, and its  population is dropped by 90%. It's listed as a Endangered species by the IUCN, and it's an important habitat-builder, enhancing Biodiversity.

The Spanish Government recently opened its harvest by delivering new coral collecting licenses, against any scientific recommendation.

There's a petition in Change. org (link below) asking the Spanish Government to protect this species not allowing its harvest. Please sign and share at your will (it's in Spanish, but I am available to translate ir if you need it).

Thanks!

Arianna Bucci, PhD

https://www.change.org/p/ministerio-de-agricultura-y-pesca-alimentaci%C3%B3n-y-medio-ambiente-coral-rojo-patrimonio-natural?recruiter=17487034&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition&utm_term=autopublish

⁣