[Coral-List] Drill Inquiry

Dennis Hubbard dennis.hubbard at oberlin.edu
Sat Apr 28 17:39:35 EDT 2018

Hi Margaret:

I wasn't familiar with this unit so I did a little surfing. It appear that
it is pretty much a cordless drill but with some sort of waterproofing. I
do have a fair bit of experience with what look like similar units in a
wood-working setting and have spent a lot of time tinkering with everything
from small throw-away pneumatic systems to larger.... and much larger....
coring systems. Unless there is something extraordinary in the battery life
and torque, my sense is that you're going to be frustrated on both fronts
unless your goal is to insert small pins as markers.

I know that Rich Berry lurks on the site and when I have any questions on
suck things, he's been my most dependable resource. If he reads this, I
hope he will contact you. If not, let me know and I'll ask his opinion
offline and try to get the two of you together. He's spent more time around
rugged and crazy marine hardware than anyone I know.

Best,

Dennis