[Coral-List] Apply for University of Miami Graduate School - Marine and Atmospheric Science

MPS RSMAS mps.rsmas at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 09:48:47 EST 2018

Good morning!

I hope you are having an amazing Spring semester. My name is Josh Coco and
I am the Executive Director for Communication and Development at the
University of Miami Rosenstiel Campus. We know lots of students are making
decisions about where they want to go for graduate school and I just wanted
to make sure you knew that our campus has many different marine and
atmospheric graduate degree programs.

Along with our amazing MS and PhD programs, we off a Master of Professional
Science (MPS) degree that is an accelerated, graduate degree is intended
for students who want to generate innovative solutions to marine, coastal,
and climate related issues. Students enrolled in this program are exposed
to a unique, multidisciplinary curriculum, including science theory, field
and laboratory training, legal and regulatory knowledge, communication and
media training, and the development of project management skills, designed
to prepare them to address environmental challenges as future global
leaders. Last year, 98% of our students had jobs in their field within 6
months of graduation.

We have 14 tracks to choose from. The best part of our program is that we
help you customize it toward your interests and career goals.

*Degree Programs <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/degree-tracks/>*

o    Applied Remote Sensing
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/applied-remote-sensing/>

o    Aquaculture <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/aquaculture>

o    Broadcast Meteorology
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/broadcast-meteorology/>

o    Coastal Zone Management
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/coastal-zone-management/>

o    Exploration Science <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/exploration-science/>

o    Fisheries Management and Conservation
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/fisheries-management-and-conservation/>

o    JD/MPS Program
<http://www.law.miami.edu/academics/jd-mps-marine-ecosystems-and-society>

o    Marine Conservation <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/marine-conservation/>

o    Marine Mammal Science
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/marine-mammal-science/>

o    Natural Hazard and Catastrophe Analytics
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/natural-hazard-and-catastrophes/>

o    Tropical Marine Ecosystem Management
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/tropical-marine-ecosystem-management/>

o    Underwater Archaeology
<http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/underwater-archeology/>

o    Climate and Society <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/climate-and-society/>

o    Weather Forecasting <http://mps.rsmas.miami.edu/weather-forecasting/>

Applications are due July 1st! Looking forward to speaking with you!

Sincerely,

Josh Coco, Ed. D.

Executive Director, Communication and Development

Tel: (305) 421.4304

Direct: jcoco at rsmas.miami.edu

University of Miami

RSMAS Campus - 105C