[Coral-List] Call for Abstracts open for IMCC5 (5th International Marine Conservation Congress) and Oceans Online

SCB Marine Section scbmarinecomms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 10 23:48:17 EST 2018

IMCC5 Call for Abstracts

The 5th International Marine Conservation Congress, *Making Marine Science
Matter, *will be held from 24 June - 29 June 2018 at the Waterfront Hotel
Kuching, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia.

We welcome your abstracts for Oral, Speed, and Poster Presentations, and
OceansOnline sessions *until 23:59NDT on 16 March 2018*.

http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/registration/call-for-abstracts
IMCC abstracts:

We strongly encourage submissions from individuals and in cutting-edge
marine conservation science or practice that can demonstrate how their
presentation “makes marine science matter.” We also encourage submissions
that align with a specific topic(s) of interest and/or addresses one or
more of the 71 research questions
<http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/about/71-research-questions>. We will
review, however, all marine science and marine conservation submissions.
Our key criterion for prioritizing submissions is proposals that “make
marine science matter.”
OceansOnline session proposals:

OceansOnline proposals should be relevant to marine conservation
communication and online tools and resources for marine conservation and
marine science. Proposals for OceansOnline should select the “OceansOnline”
category and sub-category of workshop, tool demonstration or facilitated
discussion. You will be asked at submission to provide details on the
outputs of your OceansOnline session and the potential benefiting agencies.
You will also be asked about your plans for funding organiser/presenter
attendance at the session (e.g. through institutional funding, private
finance, IMCC travel grants, etc.).

If you have questions about the call or need assistance making your
submission, please contact us
<info at imcc5.com?subject=I%20have%20a%20question%20about%20the%20Call%20for%20Abstracts>
..

http://conbio.org/mini-sites/imcc5/registration/call-for-abstracts