[Coral-List] Summer field courses in Puerto Rico - we're ready for you!

Chelsea Harms-Tuohy chelsea.harms at upr.edu
Fri Jan 12 11:22:35 EST 2018

Hello all,

We are happy to announce that Isla Mar Research Expeditions is accepting
field courses for the 2018 summer season in Puerto Rico!

Isla Mar Research Expeditions <http://www.islamarexp.com/> is the only
field course company on the island that partners directly with you as a
professor to arrange trip logistics and to lead or co-lead your course.
Bring us your students, we'll provide you what you need to engage them in
the field for an incredible experience!

Activities can include: instruction in fish identification using our own
underwater field & survey tool Artedi <http://www.artediapp.com/>, coral
reef health monitoring, dry forests & rainforest comparisons,
interpretative hikes through karst systems and caves, exploring waterfalls
and the bioluminescent bay, snorkeling or diving at marine reserves,
training in scientific diving, cultural immersion, and SO much more!

Not sure where to begin? We can help from the initial steps of planning to
bring your course idea to your department for approval, to designing a
schedule of activities, to promoting your course to students and more.

Now is the perfect time to start planning for the summer! Contact us today
with any questions (islamarexp at gmail.com), or visit our website
<http://www.islamarexp.com/> for more details about our services (we do
more than field courses!).

We look forward to welcoming you to the island!

*Chelsea Harms-Tuohy, Ph.D.*
Fish Biologist, Co-Founder
Isla Mar Research Expeditions, LLC
islamarexp.com