[Coral-List] Dry weight - volume ratios of Caribbean marine benthic reef organisms

Niklas Kornder niklaskornder at googlemail.com
Tue Jun 12 12:50:42 EDT 2018

Dear listers,

Is anyone willing to share data on the DW-volume or DW-surface area
ratio of the tissues of marine benthic reef organisms in the Caribbean?
We are particularly interested in those ratios for massive and
encrusting sponges (see species list below), but also Gorgonians, hard
corals, macroalgae (Dictyota and Lobophora), turf algae, CCA,
Peysonnellia, Halimeda, benthic cyanobacteria, bryozoans (Didemnum),
cryptic bivalves, and Christmas tree worms. Of course, these data would
be properly acknowledged down the road.

Thanks in advance!
Best regards,
Nik

Massive sponge species: Agelas conifera, A. clathrodes, Aiolochroia
crassa, Aplysina archeri, A. cauliformis, A. lacunosa, Ectoplasya ferox,
Ircinia campana, I. strobilina, I. felix, Xestospongia muta,
Callyspongia plicifera, C. vaginalis, Erylus formosus, Mycale laxissima,
Niphates erecta, Biemna spp., Desmapsamma anchorata, Neofibularia
nolitangere

Encrusting sponge species: Plakortis spp., Clathria spp., Halisarca
caerulea, Monanchora arbuscula, Phorbas amaranthus

Niklas A. Kornder, MSc
PhD Candidate

University of Amsterdam (UvA)
Faculty of Science
Department of Freshwater and Marine Ecology
Institute for Biodiversity and Ecosystem Dynamics (IBED)

Room C4.208
Science Park 904
P.O. Box 94248, Amsterdam
The Netherlands