[Coral-List] Offshore oil and gas and marine conservation areas

Candace Newman newman.candace at gmail.com
Mon Jun 18 14:19:50 EDT 2018

Hello.

I am looking for literature on how countries balance offshore oil and gas
activities and marine conservation in their national jurisdiction (not in
areas beyond national jurisdiction). Specifically, I'm interested in the
mechanics of the process for seeking balance. There are many examples, but
I'll use the following: If an oil and gas licence is present and the
same area is suitable for marine conservation, how are the dual
(development/conservation) objectives achieved? I'm interested in how
countries such as Australia, Norway, and the US work to balance these two
objectives.

Further, if you know of anyone who works directly in this area of offshore
oil and gas development and marine conservation in these other countries, I
would appreciate their contact information so that I can reach out to them
directly.

Please feel free to email me directly.

Many thanks,
Candace Newman