[Coral-List] Fwd: Crowdsourced design competition to save the world's coral reefs

John Tomczuk john.tomczuk at noaa.gov
Tue Jun 26 13:19:00 EDT 2018

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	Crowdsourced design competition to save the world's coral reefs
Date: 	Tue, 26 Jun 2018 00:59:23 +0000
From: 	Dan Selz, XPRIZE <dan.selz at xprize.org>
To: 	<coral.fellowship at noaa.gov>

Crowdsourced design competition to save the world's coral reefs Help us
design the next XPRIZE

Hi there,

I work at XPRIZE, a non-profit dedicated to launching incentivized prize
competitions that push the limits of what’s possible to change the world
for the better.

This year we are partnering with the HeroX crowdsourcing platform to get
the most brilliant minds from all over the world to help us design
amazing prize competitions in five key areas. One of those, Coral Reefs,
is an area in which I think you might be interested.

Please check out the Saving Coral Reefs Design Challenge at the link below:
https://www.herox.com/xprizevisioneers-2018-design-challenge/53-corals
<https://xprize.us1.list-manage.com/track/click?u=f222b9e533e2a79451b36e7ef&id=fcf98d9139&e=eae467d6c8>

This is a tremendous opportunity for teams and clubs at the
undergraduate and postgraduate levels to win up to $100,000 in
prizes—including $30,000 in cash—for designing this Saving Coral Reefs
prize, plus get an invite to join our Boards and largest benefactors at
the 2018 Visioneering Summit to pitch your idea (October 2018 in LA).
Not to mention the ability to help shape the future and save coral reefs.

So please, check out our competition and submit your prize design.
Also, I would be tremendously grateful if you passed this info on to any
academic clubs, organizations, professors, listserves, newsletters or
others who might want to take a stab at designing a Saving Coral Reefs
prize.  I have sample social media posts, emails or short blurbs I can
send if that’s helpful for disseminating.

Thank you so much for your time and please write back with any other
questions you might have,

Dan
Sr. Visioneering and Crowd Lead

/Copyright © 2018 XPRIZE Foundation, All rights reserved./
Based on our research, we have identified you as an expert in one of the
areas we are focusing on for XPRIZE Visioneering 2018.

*Our mailing address is:*
XPRIZE Foundation
800 Corporate Pointe Ste 350
Culver City, CA 90230-7692

Add us to your address book
<//xprize.us1.list-manage.com/vcard?u=f222b9e533e2a79451b36e7ef&id=69e7d585b7>

You can update your preferences
<https://xprize.us1.list-manage.com/profile?u=f222b9e533e2a79451b36e7ef&id=69e7d585b7&e=eae467d6c8>
or unsubscribe from this list
<https://xprize.us1.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=f222b9e533e2a79451b36e7ef&id=69e7d585b7&e=eae467d6c8&c=fa70350303>.