[Coral-List] Ocean protection

Ellen Prager pragere at earthlink.net
Mon Mar 26 09:56:44 EDT 2018

Steve

The article in the NY Times makes the important points that if you are not restricting activities such as fishing or if you don’t enforce restrictions big protected areas are not very effective. Not sure it is the size of the protected area that matters as much as what that protection actually means and how it is enforced. Good that it is bringing about discussion on both fronts.

Regards
Ellen

Dr. Ellen Prager
Earth2Ocean, Inc