[Coral-List] Restoration messaging

sealab at earthlink.net sealab at earthlink.net
Thu Sep 17 13:57:43 UTC 2020

This (link below) seemed to be a good example of what effective messaging looks like for restoration projects in that it shows it is possible to get the appropriate message out there through popular media sources while also promoting your outplanting efforts. It’s a win-win situation.

It doesn’t mention local stressors, but it does emphasize the futility of it all if climate change is not addressed.

I don’t understand why this approach isn’t universally embraced by the scientific community. Maybe someone here can explain that to me.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/this-coral-scientist-is-fighting-to-save-the-world-s-reefs/ar-BB197nrr?ocid=msedgntp&fbclid=IwAR0us76a3Ezx5gDVmi5xrzdPSwWmiwrIxRjQpcTJQuXCyIE9jmh9BDVEklA

Regards,

Steve Mussman

Sent from EarthLink Mobile mail