[Coral-List] The core challenge of coral reef conservation, restoration, and stewardship at the dawn of the Anthropogenic Climate Hiatus (ACH!!!) in coral reef growth.

Steve Mussman sealab at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 21 12:12:50 UTC 2021

A question inspired by your question.

If we ever get to low carbon emissions and have taken steps to reconstitute favorable conditions for corals to once again flourish in our oceans, isn’t it likely and doesn’t the geological record show that coral reef ecosystems can reassemble on their own?

After all, even if we do what it takes to ensure survival of enough pieces, coral reef ecosystems still require the right conditions in order to survive. Without the right conditions, aren’t we still left with nothing?