[Coral-List] pelagic carbon dominant source for reef predatory fish

Douglas Fenner douglasfennertassi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 6 22:01:01 UTC 2021

I don't see any response to this yet.

Does that mean nobody thinks this is of any importance?  Or that nobody
knows about this??  I didn't see any reference to anybody by the name
"Chartock" in the reference list of this paper.  If it is important, should
they have cited it??  Do we have professional amnesia??

I tried to find this article based on just the author name, the year, and a
few words that might indicate what the article is about.  Google Scholar
didn't find it (there isn't much that Google Scholar misses), but gave me a
lead to a PhD thesis.  A search of the library at the University the PhD
was done in did not turn up an online copy.

    The thesis was:

        CHARTOCK, M. A. 1972. The role of detritus in a tropical marine
ecosystem: Niche separation in congeneric ophiuroids, food partitioning in
cryptic invertebrates, and herbivore detritus production at Eniwetok,
Marshall Islands. Ph.D. thesis, Univ. S. Calif. 177 p.

Anybody have any better leads?    Cheers, Doug