[Coral-List] ICRS Student & Early Career Chapter Announcement

Morgan Short ms4341 at mynsu.nova.edu
Wed Feb 2 22:39:40 UTC 2022

The International Coral Reef Society Student Chapter is delighted to announce our official name change to the ICRS Student & Early Career Chapter.

This change reflects our intention to increase representation and inclusion of those transitioning from students to their next steps. Specifically, we are dedicated to providing support and resources for both students and recent graduates in transitional roles within the coral reef science community. We will update the resources that we share via our website and social media channels for early career researchers (ECRs) in due course.

We welcome consultation from ECRs interested in being involved with the chapter.  Please do not hesitate to get in touch.

As we expand the ICRS Student & Early Career Chapter to welcome recent graduates, early postdocs, and anyone in between, we are redesigning our logo to reflect our growth as a chapter of the ICRS.  We welcome design ideas from our community and beyond for our logo competition. Further details and instructions can be found on our website in English, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, and German:  https://www.coralreefstudents.org/logo-contest<http://icrs.memberclicks.net/message2/link/93d19887-f86f-4860-b6f0-e8168433c671/1>

We look forward to seeing your creative designs (due February 20th)!

Best regards,

Jenny Mallon jmallon967 at gmail.com<http://icrs.memberclicks.net/message2/link/93d19887-f86f-4860-b6f0-e8168433c671/2> and Morgan Short ms4341 at mynsu.nova.edu<http://icrs.memberclicks.net/message2/link/93d19887-f86f-4860-b6f0-e8168433c671/3>

Chairs of the ICRS Student & Early Career Chapter