[Coral-List] AOGS 2022 Call for Session abstracts

J de Bie floyalrush at gmail.com
Wed Feb 23 02:18:09 UTC 2022

Dear colleagues,

This year's virtual AOGS conference will be held from 1-5th August. The
call for abstracts ends on the 23rd of Feb. We would like to advertise the
following session and hope we can still reach researchers interested
in submitting an abstract.

Title: Marine and Coastal Ecosystems – Linking Physical and Biological
Processes in Marine and Coastal Environments (OS13)

Session description:

Healthy marine ecosystems are vital for human societies and the global
economy. This requires a comprehensive understanding of marine ecosystem
functioning, which in turn depends on quantifying interactions between
organisms and their physical environment.

We welcome submissions that describe interdisciplinary research in the
field of marine ecology and ecosystem functioning. Presentations may
include experimental approaches in lab or field, or descriptions of
multi-level models attempting to describe ecosystem processes.

This session will bring together biologists, oceanographers, and modelers
to describe the dynamics of studied organisms, their relative roles in
ocean ecosystems, and open discussions on how to integrate findings to
provide an improved understanding of ocean ecosystem functioning.

Abstract submission is now open at:

https://www.asiaoceania.org/aogs2022/public.asp?page=submit_abstracts.asp

Please join our session! We look forward to meeting you online in August!

On behalf of the conveners,

Dr Serena Lee (Griffith University)

Dr Jasper de Bie (Griffith University)

Dr Oceana Francis (University of Hawaii at Manoa)

Dr Robin Robertson (Xiamen University Malaysia)

Regards,

Jasper
*Coastal and Marine Research Centre*

*Griffith University **| Gold Coast campus | QLD 4222 | G51 Room 2.14*

*T +61 7 555 27821 | E J.DeBie at griffith.edu.au <J.DeBie at griffith.edu.au>*