[Coral-List] Cyanobacteria* Blooms?

Stacey Williams stcmwilliams at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 19:40:29 UTC 2023

Hi Ruleo,
I believe this is the red alga called Cottoniella filamentosa. This alga is
all over the place here in PR, covering many reefs in the east.

We started seeing it in high abundance in February 2022. Dr. Hector Ruiz
(identified the sample) said this is the first time we saw a bloom of this
species in PR.

Can you collect a sample and take a picture of it?

Thanks
Stacey

On Mon, Apr 3, 2023, 1:46 PM Ruleo Camacho via Coral-List <